Tesla Increases Model Y Price In The US

All Tesla Model Y related discussions
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:33 pm

Tesla has been increasing the price of its Model 3 and Model Y throughout 2021 and now the manufacturer has upped it yet again.

Just like the Model 3, the Model Y base version, the Long Range Dual Motor, has seen its price go up by $2,000 (to $54,990), while the Performance model’s price was increased by $1,000 to $61,990. The former used to cost from $50,990 in the first part of the year, so the overall increase comes to $4,000, a bit less than in the Model 3’s case.

According to Tesla CEO, Elon Musk, as well as other sources, the main reason for the price increases is connected to the global chip shortage that’s made worse by the ongoing fight against the pandemic.

Source: https://insideevs.com/news/538828/tesla ... -increase/

carguy24

Post by carguy24 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:33 pm

This really isn't that much considering the impact the chip shortage is having on computers and other tech in the world. I feel like one could have expected the prices to go up a lot more. Between the shortage and inflation that seems to be an ongoing issue for the USA, I wonder if we will see another increase happen and if so, could this affect prices here in the UK? Worth considering it. I might make a thread for this.