Servicing a Tesla Model Y

All Tesla Model Y related discussions
Mickey

Post by Mickey » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:21 am

So whats the deal with servicing...

So my current BMW has an onboard computer and tells me when it needs oil change, brake fluid etc.

An electric car I'm not going to need to worry about oil changes and spark plugs but what do I need to know about? Presumably they still need some servicing, still have fluids and brakes that need looking at?
So is that dealt with through Tesla and how often does anyone know?

Mickey

Post by Mickey » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:21 am

Also, is there such a thing as a service plan on the Model Y that can be bought?

You know the sort where you get three years of servicing included for a set amount?

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:05 am

Hi,
It is confusing at first, not least switching to electric but also to a Tesla. However this is what they say on servicing:

The Tesla Model Y does not require annual maintenance or regular fluid changes.

Tesla cars require no traditional oil changes, fuel filters, spark plug replacements or emission checks. As electric cars, even brake pad replacements are rare because regenerative braking returns energy to the battery, significantly reducing wear on brakes.

Tesla recommends replacing your cabin air filter every 2 years

Tesla recommends testing your brake fluid for contamination every 2 years and replacing as needed.

Tesla recommends an A/C desiccant bag replacement every 6 years. (Model 3 - assume model Y will be similar)

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:06 am

You should have a service centre resonably close to you as well, full list of Tesla UK service centres are here: https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/findus/list ... %20Kingdom